1) Chris Rocks’ Monologue
Host Chris Rock kicked off the 2016 Oscars with a highly anticipated monologue amid the #OscarsSoWhite controversy, taking multiple jabs at Hollywood’s culture.
2) Whoopi Goldberg’s Shoulder Tat
Whoopi Goldberg unapologetically showed off her massive shoulder tat and was mistaken as Oprah by Fashion and Beauty site, Total Beauty.
3) Suge Knight’s Fake Appearance
Chris Rock took a moment to call out some of the real-life inspirations for some of the Oscar nominees that were in the audience during the 2016 ceremony, including Joy Mangano (Joy) and Michael Rezendes (Spotlight).
He then got silly, also joking that Suge Knight from Straight Outta Compton was in the theater, before cutting to an actor playing Suge wearing an orange jumpsuit and cuffs.
4) Common Dapping up Leonardo DiCaprio for First Oscar (Finally!)
After years of waiting, Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar for his role in ‘The Revenant.’ He urged us not to take the planet for granted in a heart felt speech. Congrats Leo! You totally deserve it.
5) Stacy Dash’s Unnecessary Black History Month Shout-Out
One word: Why?
6) The Weekend’s Response to Stacy Dash’s Unnecessary Black History Month Shout-Out